Ron is a connoisseur of sorts, and most of his passions have nothing to do with anything fancy. He is a child of the 80’s, raised by the Autobots and trained by the All American GI-Joe.
He likes to keep things simple, and has always involved himself in athletic endeavors. While growing up he played soccer, or at least, chased the ball around and tackled people whenever he had the chance. As a teenager, he found the grungy weight room in one of the most dangerous schools in NY, Great Neck North High. It was here that he learned how to lift weights poorly (until he was honored to be coached by all natural bodybuilder Jean Laguerre).
After a few years, he grew weary of his boring routine and discovered a new passion , Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do, which became his primary training routine in his early twenties. Ron trained with Sifu Dino Orfanos, and has done multiple seminars with Sifu Ted Wong and Sifu Chris Kent.
It was in 2008 when Ron was introduced to CrossFit through a friend, and since then, has become fully engaged in the CrossFit lifestyle. Ron has coached at multiple CrossFit gyms, and during his time living in California, was fortunate enough to train under Max Mormont and John Welbourne at CrossFit Balboa.
Together with his partner Mike, they have fully embraced the CrossFit community even further by opening up CrossFit Greenpoint.
Ron has over 10,000 hours of coaching experience, as well as coaching athletes to the national level in Weightlifting.
When not coaching, you can find Ron lifting weights, browsing the internet for cute pictures of cats, and organizing clutter into matching shapes and sizes.
- Level 1 CrossFit
- Level 2 CrossFit
- USA W Advanced Sports Performance Coach
- Catalyst Athletics Level 1 Coach
- Catalyst Athletics Advanced Weightlifting Seminar
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting
- CrossFit Competitor’s Course
- CrossFit Kids
- CrossFit Powerlifting
- CrossFit Football
- IKSFA Kettlebell Sport Coach
- Hybrid Athletics Strongman Seminar
- Freestyle Connection Seminar with Carl Paoli
- Outlaw Training Camp
- Phase 6/6 in Jeet Kune Do
- Attitude Nation Level 1 Certification/Seminar with Jon North
- NASM CPT
- 2017 NYC Marathon
- 1st place 2016 NYC Open – 85kg class - with a qualifying total for the 2016 American Open Championships
- 2013 American Open Championships, Dallas Texas - 77kg class - with a qualifying total for the 2014 National Weightlifting Championships
- 2nd place 2013 NYC Open – 77kg class
- Bronze medal 2010 California State Games – 85kg class
- 2012 CrossFit North East Regionals competitor